Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mixing Up Sassafras

The great thing about companies like Sassafras is the way their lines can cross over. In this layout I used papers from Monstrocity and Sweet Marmalade.

And I dug into my Sassafras stash and pulled out some letter stickers, flowers and die cuts. Since Sassafras tends to use bright colors in all their recent lines, all these pieces fit together.

I used a piece of patterned paper from Sweet Marmalade as my background, set down my photos and began working on my title.

I was having trouble making the "LIL" letters stand out enough to be readable so I layered two colors making the yellow look like a drop shadow. I left enough room between each letter to include three of the little Sassafras monster felties. I wanted to make them look like they were climbing on the letters. Don't you just love their little googly eyes? And the fact that they are preassembled so you aren't the one trying to glue down tiny little googly eyes LOL!

I cut out some monsters from another piece of patterned paper from the Monstrocity collection to border the photos. And I used a card for the journaling, accented with a flower.

Finally I used one of their die cut blossoms. I added the stitching and polka dot ribbon to add some extra dimension.

Sassafras has been one of my favorite manufacturers for a while now and these new lines do not dissapoint. They are super versatile in creating fun and playful layouts. There is plenty of Sassafras goodness on to order in store, so go check out Monstrosity and Sweet Marmalade for your next fun project!

5 comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.