Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, December 19, 2008

Festive Fridays - Happy Hannukah

From Wikipedia : Hanukkah : alt. Chanukah, also known as the Festival of Lights, is an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt of the 2nd century BCE. Hanukkah is observed for eight nights, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, and may occur from late November to late December on the Gregorian calendar.
From Wikipedia : A dreidel is a four-sided spinning top, played with during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.

I decided as a paper craft for this week I’d make my very own dreidel. I looked around online for a pattern and was able to track down a number of them. The one to the left is the one I eventually used.
It didn’t take me long to put it together, so not only is it fun but easy to make!
As I looked around I noticed that traditional Hanukkah colours are blue and white so using either American Crafts Winter cardstock pack or K & Co. Remake cardstock paper pad you can trace the pattern onto the paper or print it directly on the paper. After you have your pattern on the paper it’s a matter of cutting it out and gluing it.


I’ve used a pen for the stick part, you could use a small dowel or make your own out of a scrap of paper. I created a simple Star of David to put on top of my dreidel by cutting out two identical triangles and fitting them together.
So there you have it, a dreidel for Hanukkah!




Article written by M (Prospero's Daughter) transfered from one blog to another by Nini we're sticking with blogger :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.