Nos membres - Our peeps

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tutorial Thursday with Kim - Flower Tut PT1

Hi girls!

I always try to have matching flowers in my stash... Even if I own a lot, (maybe even too much for some...) I often miss out on THE perfect flower. Toda,y I'll show you an easy way to make some!

Start with a piece of white cardstock, take one of your favorite stamp, I suggest swirly designs something along that line...


Ink it with some Ranger Distress Embossing Ink. Stamp it onto your cardstock a couple of time, I've stamp my pattern 4 times and it was ok. Now it's time to emboss your design with black embossing powder. I now have this pattern twice. It's not important if your pattern isn't neat and all. You can see some "droplets" and "dustiness" on my cardstock but don't worry.

To make my flower I decided to use my Spellbinders die because I believe I don't use them enough! I will then cut my flowers in 2 sizes with those die templates.

Cut a little bit of the flower. You can see how I've cut them. Don't go too close to the center because your flower will break very easily.

Turn your flowers and ink them with Distress ink. (I used Pumice Stone)

Now let's give a bit of volume to our flowers. Roll the petals into a round piece. I use my paint brush. The more you roll the more your flower will be thicker. Roll down the biggest flower and roll up the smaller one.

Look at the result.

Add a glue dot and affix the two flowers together.

I added a little flower on the top because I knew I'll need a bit of contrast.

And now, the final touch. A pearl!!


Look how elegant it looks! I hope you'll love making these flowers! Hugs and kisses!

Kim @ KLDezign

5 comments:

  1. oooh! cute idea! i'm always annoyed with those little spots of embossing powder, but they actually look really good on here! thanks for the tips, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic is that?!? Thanks so much for the tip. I've been havin a blast on your blog with all these tutorials. So many projects, so little time - lol

    Thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle ~ DT CoordinatorJuly 15, 2010 at 3:29 PM

    This effects of this techinque is beautiful. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, love the flowers!! This is such a reat idea!! Thanks for the tut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh...these are gorgeous...off to try it now! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.