Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fun Fridays - Think outside the Book

Sorry for this being later in the day, time flew away from me and it was hard to catch up!

It's easy to get lost in the sea of the everyday, the sameness of the page. We tend to work with books either of 12"x12" or 8"x8" size. Some of us venture outside that realm with accordian books, matchbook albums and shape albums. We scrap to preserve memories and to journal our everyday activities.

But I wanted to step outside of that, I'm a bit of a self-confessed geek, ok I admit it, I'm more than just a bit of a geek. I love my books, films and tv shows that are within the science fiction and fantasy genre. I get together with friends to play games based within those realms and we have fun, it's a nice way to get away from it all.

We recently started a game that's new to me, I surprisingly have never played D&D before (that's Dungeons and Dragons to the uninitiated) and I was so excited about playing a character that performs spells. I'm a wizard and I get to carry around a spell book, in the game of course and not every day. I decided that for fun I'd actually scrap one, put together a book that I can take to the game and it will help organise all that my character can do! I decided to think outside the book and create my own.

It's 8"x12" and I have put it together from scratch. I've used K&Co. Remake cardstock paper pads as my starting point with the Basic Grey Ambrosia line as my colourful additions. It's a work in progress and when it's done I hope to be proud of what I was able to accomplish.


It's going to not only have to be fun to look at but functional, this would be the only time I'd be willing to cover my work in packing tape to keep it from being damaged. Normally that would be a big no-no! Since this book will actually be used, I can't afford to have it damaged after spending time building it from scratch and making it look nice.

So as I step away from the everyday in more ways than one I ask you, how do YOU think outside the book?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.