Nos membres - Our peeps

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fun & Funky Two Pager Layout

Hi everyone!!! When was the last time you did a two-page layout? It's been a while for me!! Actually, I think that it's been at least a year, maybe longer. Why? It's faster & easier to do singles, and I don't have to purchase two of everything!!!

This past Christmas we did a family photo shoot, which was very 'un-posed'... okay, it had to be, my grand-son Mason, just didn't want to co-operate!!! So we ended up with some very funny and impromptu pictures. I have been scrapping them a little at a time, and will probably put them in their own album when I am finished.

While going through the pics, I ran across two that I wanted to use together. But, the pics were too big to put on a single page, so I decided that I would do a 2 page layout. Well, wouldn't you know that I didn't have doubles of any paper that was appropriate!

What to do... easy, pick two color co-ordinated papers from the same company, in this case Sassafras Lass. Both papers have the same colors, but they are very different. One has a bold rainbow and the other is very soft & feminine. This didn't matter to me, because all I had to do was use the same color & style of embellishments.
I chose the same ribbons, buttons, flowers & vintage children's book pages and/or a variation of style, but the same color. Here's a closeup of the two pages, side-by-side:
I first laid down a page from a vintage Richard Scarry children's book, to ground each photo. The page on the left, got a brighter & more colorful vintage book page, to compensate for the lack of bright colors on the background paper. Then I added the fancy strip, from the bottom of 2 different Sassafrass Lass papers & the wild zebra ribbon to the bottom edge.

Next, I layered my buttons & embellies on top, and made an arrow shape. The purpose of the arrow, was to highlight each parent, as one loved by my grand-son. Because the arrows are pointing at different levels, and to each parent, it gives the illusion of a cicle..... a family circle!! I didn't want to interrupt that flow, by adding large 'names', so I chose the Tiny Type alphas stickers to write Mom & Dad, right on the pictures.

Then I set off to find & make flowers....all kinds of flowers, bright & beautiful. I used bits & pieces from my stash for the hand-made flowers. I also made a point of making each main flower exactly the same. Again, this is to re-inforce, that the two pages are together. Here's a closeup of the left page:



And a closeup of the right page:

Once the main flowers were in place, I just kept adding & layering flowers, both hand-made and purchased (K & Company Handmade Mini Floral Accents). I also tucked in some chipboard pieces and bits of fibers among the blooms.

I added my sentiment to the bottom of the right page. It says "Some people make the world special just by being in it!" I got this quote from a Cosmo Cricket strip that I was going to use on the layout, but it was too big. I decided to write it in the journaling box instead.

Almost forgot to tell you about my title!!! Here's a closeup:

I pounced Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks on the backside of Heidi Swapp ghost letters in two shades of red & a bit of blue. Once dry, I glued the letters (face up) to a vintage dictionary page. Let set and trimmed around the letters. To give a bit more dimension, I added some arrow rubons on two letters.

As you can see, you don't 'need' doubles of everything to do a 2-page layout!!! But if you want some consistency & co-ordination, then pick a few items to double up on. Just make sure you use on both pages, and you'll have yourself a very fun & funky two page spread!!!

Enjoy & thanks for looking,

Lynne

6 comments:

  1. Lynne this 2pager is GORGEOUS! I love the combination of 2 diff lines of the same company! Awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pages! Love all the detail..buttons, flowers, paper combos, textiles...just a perfectly lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flowers! Great details on the pages, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your double-pager LO is so awesome!!! Lots of details and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!!! Am in love with those huge flowers, stunning pages
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.