Hi Again Everyone!
No it is not Tuesday of next week and yes you may have already read my recent post for this week. Though today I am really excited to share with you a card I created being inspired by the Joy Fold Card style and the Gift Explosion Box. Now if you know the name of this card style please let me know! Otherwise, I have dubbed it as my 5-sided card (not very creative, I know) or if you can think of a really cute label, please let me know!
Here are the photos below:
To create this card you will need:
- 1- 12 x 12 piece of cardstock (preferably of at least 80lb weight)
- 1 - 6 x 12 piece of cardstock in an alternate color to compliment the above cardstock color
- 1 - 6 x 12 piece of cardstock in another alternate color to compliment the other 6 x 12 piece of cardstock
- Embellishments and/or stamps as desired.
How to assemble:
- Score the 12 x12 cardstock @ the 4" increment then @ the 8" increment.
- Turn your cardstock 90 degrees and repeat the same score increments. You will now have 9 scored boxes equalling 4" squares each.
- Cut along each corner of the cardstock, removing only 1-3" square. As a result, you will have created a plus sign shape (see below).
- Fold in all your sides. Do not worry that the flaps do not lay flat as these will be trimmed and scored to allow the card to lay flat when completed.
- Determine your card front, that will be side 1. All other sides will be 2nd to your 4th with the 5th side being the actual interior of the card.
- For my sample I made my card open left to right then top to bottom (refer back to photos). There are no wrong ways to sequence your folds, in fact this is the fun part for the recipient to figure out (or maybe you if you are lucky to see their face).
- To ensure each side lays flat once the card has been completed you will need to trim off 1/8" off sides 2, 3 and 4.
- Once all sides have been trimmed, you will need to score the same above sides 1/8" in from the original score lines created in step #2. Once all those score lines are created, fold them in crisp. You will now find that your card will fold neatly and stay flat.
- Sides 1 through 4 will measure 3-3/4 x 4".
- Decorate and embellish your layering mats as desired leaving your card interior for your message.
- Because I chose to border punch sides #1 and #3 my matting instructions are for below. If you choose not to border punch you can create your background/main mat @ 3-1/2" x 3-3/4" with your layering mat @ 3-1/4" x 3-1/2".
- If you have chosen to use a border punch these are your matting instructions: With your 2-6 x 12 sheets of cardstock, create mats for your photos, images, journalling, etc... Each main or background mat will measure 3 x 3-3/4" and the layering mat @ 2-3/4 x 3-1/2".
- Please note: If you choose to add thicker embellishments, you will need to increase your score lines from step #7 by 1/8" and alter your background and layering mats accordingly.
Thanks for looking and this time for real... Until next Tuesday, Happy Crafting!