Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Thursdays" with Kim - J't'aime

Hi girls! I know It's not Thursday but I couldn't wait to show you my sweet card! I made this card for my hubby for Valentine's Day but I couldn't wait so I gave it to him this afternoon!



And off course I'll show you how to make this type of card! I'm not a tease! :) First let's start with a piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/2" by 12" (I used Basic Grey Designer Cardstock) score it at 2", 4", 8",  and 10".


Now turn the cardstock of 90 degrees. Along the long edge, measure in 1 ½". Now make a cut between the score marks at 2” and 10”. Repeat for the other long side and you should end up with something that looks like the following:

Now fold your card like this:

Here's a close up so you can see better better.


Cut your papers into the right size and of your favorite patterns. (I used Bittersweet from Basic Grey)


I inked and distressed the edges of my card and papers. Don't forget to ink the folds!


Add glue or tape, embelish as you want and voila it's done!

This is how your card should look like once opened:


and now closed:


Hope you'll like this quick tri-fold card tutorial! Hugs and kisses...

Kim @ KLDezign

5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card Kim! Thanks for the inspiration hubby has this card a day "marathon" set up for me starting Feb. 1st he wants 14 cards for V-day hihihi he's too funny! Anyways, I will def. be making one like this, it soooo beautiful! Mwah ~ Nini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Nini!!! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Your hubby will be glad.
    Thanks for giving tips to make it. I would like to make same as this for my friend. So glad to have found this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I followed your instructions and made my own card!! Thanks for the great instructions.
    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! you make it look so easy! :)

    have been wanting to try these for a while, but am lacking the scor-pal... thanks for the easy instructions, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.