Nos membres - Our peeps

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tutorial Thursday with Kim

Hi girls!

This week I'll keep showing you how to create matching embellishments without buying them!

Let's start with these basic items. You will need a punch, your favorite kind of glue, paper glaze, chipboard and a piece of paper.


Punch once on your piece of your patterned paper and four more punches on your chipboard. (You can punch out 4 times on white cardstock but I prefer chipboard for the thickness of the embellishment.)


Glue them together. I added some distress ink too. You can sand the edge too for a "cleaner" look but I wanted some distress look.



Now punch 2 little holes with your crop-a-dile. (Yes the crop-a-dile can cut out 5 sheets of chipboard. Gotta love it!)


It isn't a surprise now, we're making a button. Don't punch your holes too near of the heart border. You see in this one the first hole (left one) is too close.

I added some paper glaze on the button for a nicer finish. I let it dry for 24 hours. Added a little ribbon. Tada! Finish!



Cutie isn't? Hugs and kisses!

Kim @ KLDezign

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kim,
    it´s a good idea. I´ll make it, too.
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such a cool idea! My mind was whirring with possibilities once I saw where you were heading with your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, the little heart button is awesome!! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already a few of these buttons...too much fun, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.