With Mother's Day being tomorrow, I would like first to wish all Moms, Moms-to-Be and Grandmoms out there a lovely day on Sunday. May you be treated like a queen!
This week I would like to show you how to create your own faux metal embellishments. I created my heart shaped medallion seen on this card below using this technique and let me assure you it was fast, easy and quick to make.
Here are the supplies and tools you will need to create faux embellishments:
- Versamark or any water-resistant pad
- Metallic cardstock, preferably of 80lb weight
- Metallic embossing powder, in matching color of cardstock chosen above
- Stamp with a chunky image (to get a better, bolder impression)
- Paper Punch (any shape will do)
1. Cut your metallic cardstock double in size of the body of paper punch tool. So if you have a punch that is 3" in width by 2" in length (in body, not including the handle) and , cut your cardstock 6 x 4". This is so that you are able to hold the one side of the cardstock while heat embossing.
2. Ink up one half of one side of the cardstock with your Versamark or like ink pad by pressing the cardstock into the ink pad.
6. Once you have heat embossed your cardstock for the 3rd time, take your inked stamp (in Versamark or like water resist ink pad) and press firmly into the freshly heated embossed cardstock. Set aside to cool.
As you can see here I did not do that, it was intentional because I wanted to get some additional texture so I stamped my images twice. You may also get some fingerprints onto the embossed cardstock too which can add more interest to your embellishment.
7. Once your cardstock has cooled which should be within 5 minutes, take your chosen shaped paper punch and cut your image out.
8. Adhere your new faux metal embellishment to your project!
You can create metallic anything, let your imagination fly! Have fun with this technique tutorial and I hope to see some of your faux metal embellishments on your next projects and please post your creations in the Posh Designs Community Site's Gallery. I hope to see them soon!
Until next Saturday! Happy Crafting!
KISSes and Hugs ~Michelle