Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, February 20, 2009

Flirty Fridays - Wedding Dress Alterations LO

For those of you who don't know, my "alter ego" is The Pink Bride. I am getting married in just 99 days (finally down to double digits, and I must admit I am kinda freeking out!) You might ask what the heck that has to do with scrapbooking, but trust me I am getting there......

Once I saw the beautiful paper that Nini sent me in my DT kit, I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for! I decided to use some of the pictures of my wedding dress being altered and turn them into a LO. Here's what I came up with......











I used a plain pale pink cardstock for the background (this was paper actually left over from our wedding invitations). I cut a 2" piece of the "Simplicity" paper from Fancy Pants for the bottom of each page. These were tore at the top and then inked with Sazon Timber Brown ink. My main picture (on the left page, it's a full length shot of my dress with pins in the bottom) was matted in the fushia card stock in a 4.5" x 6.5. The corners were rounded, and it was inked with the same Sazon ink. It was then re-matted in the purple card stock in a 5" x 7", corners were rounded it was inked as well. I also used 2 of the "tags" from the "Titles and Tags" sheet from the same "Simplicity" collection. Each flower was inked, and they were attached together with a small dark blue brad. I used glue dots to attach the flowers to the LO, and my glue runner to attach the pictures, the journaling, and the bottom paper. My journaling block is 2.5" x 3" in the purple card stock. Again I rounded the corners and inked the edges. (I have a thing for rounding corners and inking!) I also added some rhinestones that I had laying arround in my scrapbook box just to add a bit of "bling" to the LO.


For the right page, I had pictures of the bottom in it's hemming stages (it still had the safety pins in), and a close up of the breathtaking beading that adornes the top of my dress. These 2 pictures were cut from a 4 x 6 to a 4" x 4.5". They were matted with the same colours as the main picture, except this time my mats were 4.5" x 5" in the pink, and 5" x 5.5" in the purple. All corners were rounded, and inked. The two small journaling areas were cut to 1" x 3", corners again rounded and inked. I used my white pen to journal on the purple paper as it showed up much nicer than my favorite black pen. I again added rhinestones to just help add a little bit of bling, and bring out some of the sparkle in the dress.


I can hardly wait for the next 99 days to fly by so I can put on my beautiful princess dress and go and marry my prince charming!

3 comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.