Nos membres - Our peeps

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

KaiserCrafts Beyond the Pages MDF Storage Box

Hi everyone! It's the McSmitty Girl here again and I am so excited to show you my 'box'. Okay well it is not just any sort of box; it's a memory box I made for my son Cole. Using Kaiser Craft Beyond the Page All Purpose Box.

Here are my instructions in creating this box:

When I received this box it was a blank canvas and I immediately thought, 'Paint'! So I used Making Memories Paint - Navy for the exterior and Bordeaux for the interior. I put 2 coats of each paint on all sides of the wood. The set of papers I chose for this project was taken from the DCVW new collection 'Animal Crackers'. This paper pack is awesome and so darn cute especially with the glitter!

Once my papers and ribbons were selected; I matched up the two sides of the box together, chose a different set of paper and ribbons for the front of the box and lastly another set for the top of the box. Glued all the papers and ribbons prior to assembling the box together. Once that was complete, I placed Kaisercraft Rhinestone Star Frame in Black and then cut the name Cole using my Cricut Base Camp cartridge at 1-3/4". On the inside I placed a journalling tag from Daisy D's and dedicated the box to my son. That's it! How simple was that.

*Ribbons used were from Doodlebug, Bo Bunny, American Crafts.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Love it, the colors are fab just perfect for Cole, btw you'd make a great box maker lol :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.