Nos membres - Our peeps

Monday, February 16, 2009

Tuesday's with McSmitty Girl - Baby Shower Card & Wedding Layout using Cricut

Hi everyone,
here are my creations for this month's DT posting. The materials used are from well known brands such as Kaiser Craft, Crate Paper and Prima! All projects were created from materials in this month's DT Kit (except where noted). Everything was perfectly coordinated and there was plenty of product to go around! The main tool used was my Cricut (that's no surprise - check out Posh Designs Interactive Community and go to 'My Page' to see why).

I created this layout titled "Love is kind... Love never ends" as a dedication to my Wedding Day. I was nervous to create such an important LO. Perhaps I was scared that I would 'ruin' my pictures and therefore the overall project. But after seeing the cardstock papers in this kit (all from Kaiser Craft); I was inspired. Below are my step by step instructions on creating this LO.

Using Kaiser Crafts Patterned Papers from their Reminiscing Collection, I used "My Love" design and trim med out .25" all around to fit onto 12x12 background cardstock for weight and 'to ground' the various patterns used in this LO. I also used Cricut's Home Decor Cartridge to cut the floral
image.

My first cut was the flower-1 image using the shadowed feature with the Fit to Page mode. The second cut was the Normal feature cutting at 11" which was the size of the Fit to Page mode from the previous image. I then nested and glued the images together and then cut them in half and placed each piece onto the side of the page (one on the left and vice-versa, to make it appear as one but also give continuity to my double page layout).

I arranged my pictures. all cut the same size and exact shape using my Coluzzle for balance. For the title I used the Cricut Stone Script cartridge cutting all the letters at 1-1/4". Lastly, I journalled and embellished for finish.

*Other materials used: Solid cardstock: Stampin
Up, Journalling Pen: Sharpie

For my second project I made a Card, Envelope and Tag Set using the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge. My Dear MIL and I are invited to a Baby Shower in March and they are having a boy! For these items I wanted to see if I could use just 2 pieces of cardstock because I wanted everything to coordinate. Well to my surprise, I did with healthy scrap left over! Here are my instructions for the items created here. All materials used are from the DT Kit.

For the card I used Kaiser Crafts "Treasure" Patterned Paper again, from their Reminiscing line. Using the Cricut I cut the card at 6" using the Real Dial Size mode. I then cut out the "mommy" and "mommy-s" images at 3-3/4". I colored in the parts for added dimension, nested the glued the images onto the card. I embellished using Crate Paper's Mia Collection Rub-Ons and Cosmo Cricket's "Drop me a Note" Cardstock Stickers. (On sale for only 1.99$)

Now, for the envelope, using the Cricut I cut envelope-2 at 6", scored and folded the card accordingly ensuring the pattern was on the inside! I used Kaiser Crafts "Recollect" patterned paper. I then glued "It's a Boy" (positive image from tag created) onto the back. Lastly, I placed a chipboard piece to ensure proper closure!

If there are any questions related to this project especially related to the Cricut functionality used for these projects, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layouts, and what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! What cartridge is the 'mommy' on? I've not seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel! Thank-you for your question. The 'mommy' image is from the New Arrival cartridge. Let me know if you have any other questions and please take a moment to look at the Posh Designs Interactive Community as you can view all my Cricut creations there.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.