Nos membres - Our peeps

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday With Kim - Circular Cards

Hi everyone! How are you?

This week I want to show you some circle shaped cards. I made this card using Ranger's Distress Inks, they are one of my favorite products to use! This time I've used them in a different way; I inked wax paper in Antique Linen and Walnut Stain and sprayed it with water using Ranger's Mini-Mister.

This type of ink reacts well with water and gives great inking effects. I then placed my paper onto the wet ink. Which gave it a coffee-like stain effect on the card. With this adorable Inkadinkadoo stamp and cute ribbon, this card is great for any occasion!

The second card isn't "really" a circle, It's a scallop card template I made for my cricut I wanted to try it out before adding the file to my blog.

I embossed my card with Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing Machine, I then added some chalk onto my card just to give it a little color. It's easier to see on the right of the card! I used an amazing Prima flower part of their Rose Trellis collection. This time I used one and added some glitter on it. To finish off, I added a little chipboard swirl which I painted in purple and some KaiserCraft, and voila!

The last one has a more masculine feel. I did the same technique of the first card (Distress Ink and sprayed some water with my Mini-Mister) the star on the center is of the same ink but it was used on a star-shaped chipboard that's why it's darker. At the end I wasn't satisfed, so I decided to add some faux-stitching (doodeling) with black and white pens.
That's it for this week girls! I hope to feel much better for next week so I could show more new creations! Have a nice week!

Kim @ KLDezign

3 comments:

  1. Love your circle cards! Great job Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, what a fun batch of cards! The painted flower is really cute and the coffee stain splatter very original!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.