Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Clearly Counting Down The Days...

I am in love with the way this project turned out. So much so I think i'm going to make one that I can use for the entire year.

Isn't this such a fun way to countdown to Christmas?????

I took a plastic frame from the store, it's the kind of frame that the picture slides into and has the flat bottom so that it stands up.

First I had hubby drill 4 holes in the top of the frame to hold the numbers up with my rings. The rings work great because it makes the numbers so easy to flip over as the time draws near!!!

If you can't drill holes in the top I do have another idea for you. You could put velcro on the back of your numbers and on the frame to hold the numbers up.

Next I painted the edges of the frame and the numbers before I did anything else.

Then I picked out the paper I wanted to use. I loved the little snowman circles on Cosmo Crickets Golly by Jolly line so I used that.

You can see behind the word Christmas is where I put the snowman. Grabbed a bunch of embelies that matched and sat down to work. I did some stamping with a swirl stamp I had, and some with a snowflake stamp. For the stamping I used Staz-On ink. This way I knew it would not rub off.

Now for my numbers. I found this acrylic like paper and used that. I'm sure you could use transparency paper also. I cut the acrylic 2 inches wide by 3 inches long. You will need at least 12, 13 if you want to put "08" when there are only 8 days left. Make sure your holes on the numbers line up with the holes on your frame.

Hope you enjoyed my coundown til Christmas project! HO!HO!HO!

Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Stacy! This is ADORABLE!!! I have got to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable Stacy :) Love it! I've got to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omword! this is like awesome!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea!!! I LOVE it!!! So creative :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.