Well if you are a Canadian resident, I hope you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving weekend with your loved ones. It was certainly a cold weekend (at least it was here in Ontario) and I even heard of snow in some parts of Canada and in the US too. If you are a resident of the US, Happy belated Columbus Day to all of you!
This week is the 2nd installment of my Halloween themed Cricut creations. To coordinate with the card and tag, I created these sweet lil' treat boxes because really what's Halloween without some sweets eh? Currently I am middle of creating these boxes but have photographed the first five treat boxes to show some variation on how I cut these shapes.
This is such a quick and easy project to finish because all you need is the Tags, Bags and More Cricut cartridge, set a 12x12 piece of patterned paper or cardstock down and set the Fit to Page setting on. Also you can set the hole option so that you can thread ribbon through (see on 2 of my boxes) for a handle to leave on their doorknob or give to the person directly. That's it! And if you have more time, you can embellish, stamp and distress your boxes as desired.
- You will have enough paper leftover to make coordinating tags (like I've shown you in last week's post) and or use in your Halloween pages.
- Only when using patterned paper or cardstock that is less than #65, place a piece of sturdy cardstock (a 2-1/2" square) on the bottom to hold the weight of the treats. Though you may want to reinforce the bottom of all your treat boxes in case you are feeling they are not sturdy enough. For cardstock/patterned paper over #80; this step is not necessary.
- If you have white core cardstock, when you make the folds to create your boxes the core will show through = instant distressing without the extra work!
- If you decide to stamp your images onto solid cardstock, I recommend using textured cardstock to get that 'worn' feel to the box. And if it is textured and white cored, that will equate to even a more distress look.
- Pick treats that are light and small not only to pack in lots of sweets but also so that the boxes can hold them in too.
And now for the winner of the Cricut Tuesday Week #1 Contest is... Mary! Your prize is the 2-6x6 Stamp Sheet Sets manufactured by Circut plus a $10.00 Posh Designs Gift Certificate!
CONGRATS to you Mary and I would like to thank all the entries in last week's contest!
Now remember all the entries for last week's contest does not roll-over into this week. So if you are already a follower of the PDSS blog and joined the Forum ; all you need to do to enter this week's contest is to submit (via the Gallery) or link up a creation inspired by one of my Cricut Tuesdays blog post and leave me a comment below from now until the following Monday. If you are reading the contest info for the 1st time, please refer to last week's blog post for all the details.
This week's prize is one Cricut Storage Binder plus a $20.00 gift certificate to shop at Posh Designs! How cool is that. So get your chances in to win today! Please feel free to drop me a line over at the forum if you have any questions.
Until next Tuesday everyone... Happy Crafting! ~ Michelle