Nos membres - Our peeps

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cricut Tuesdays with The McSmitty Girl

Hello Everyone! Hope you are having a great start to the week. For this week's blog post I created 3 projects using my Cricut machine ~ 2 layouts and 1 card.

My niece (on my husband's side) has turned 14! It is incredible how time files as I still remember her to be only 5 years old when we met... WOW! In honour of her birthday I created this cute yet simple card.

Here are my instructions:

For the card and envelope I used the Walk In My Garden cartridge. I created the envelope first using the 'Fit to Page' cut mode and as a result, Cricut measured my cut to be at 4-3/4".

Remember my tip from last week? If not, read my previous post for my quick tip when making cards and coordinating envelopes.

Next was to cut the card shape. Scored, folded and glued everything where needed. Next I created my base for the card by just cutting a square mat measured at 4-1/2". I wanted this card to have some pop; so I embossed one-half of the square mat with my Sizzix Big Shot using the Tiny Flowers Texturz plate. Inked the raised embossed area in white then heat dryed to speed up my creation timelines. Then I adhered a floral patterned paper on the top half of the card.

For the charm embellishment I used the Alphalicious cartridge cutting out the 'r' letter in the 'crown tag' creative feature at 1-3/4". To emphasize that charm I cut a 'scallop tag' using the shadow feature at the same height size. Threaded a ribbon through, knotted the top and adhered that onto the card separting the top from bottom.

Lastly the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' was cut using the Doddletype cartridge - first using the shadow creative feature then normal font feature (all cut at 2"), nested and glued them together before placing it onto the card. Done! How simple was that, eh?

My 1st of two layouts is titled 'Adore' ~ an emotional dedication to my son!

At first I thought the picture was 'not right' because it did not show any physical features just shadows. But in fact, it was perfect because it captured one of the many kisses I give my son daily because I adore him so much!

The papers and cardstock used is from the DCVW collection Latte Stack (all patterned papers) and Cardstock Stack (all colored cardstock including metallic and giltter). This line of papers is just so darling, sophicasted and ever so versatile.

I'll start with the photo mat. Using the Storybook cartridge I cut out the 'marquee-4' shape using both the shadow and usual shape creative features - nested and glued the shapes together. For the title I used the Home Decor Solutions cartridge. For this cut I chose the 'Fit to Length' cut mode to ensure my image was cut at 6-3/4" in length. Then I used all creative features found on this cartridge (i.e. Shadow, Blackout and usual), nested and glued the words on top of each other to adhere onto my layout. I repeated the same process for the butterfly shape which was cut at 2-3/4" then to embellish I placed some Kaiser Craft Pearls. Don't you just love how the creative features work so in sync with each other? I do, it's 'adorable' (mind the pun)!

My second layout is inspired by the Posh Designs Sketch #2 Challenge which can be found on the FREE Interactive Community Site!


For this layout all the papers used were taken from the DCWV The Green Stack. This is a fabulous stack with cute and sophiscated patterns mixed in! Plus it is enviromentally sound product whereby the papers were manufactured using 70% recycled paper!

This layout is titled, 'stair CLIMBER' because once my Son started to walk he wanted to climb stairs... all the time! The title was cut using the Cuttin' Up cartridge with the Sans Serif creative feature. All letters were cut at 1". That's it! Easy peasy.

Until next week, please visit the Posh Designs Community/Forum Site. You should see all the great creations posted in the Gallery! There are also a few sketches there to help inspire and get you started. Plus, there are discussions and a fabulous Design Team to help you along the way (which I am so proud to be a part of). Come and check it out today!

1 comment:

  1. Like I mentioned earlier I love your LOs & creative projects!
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.