Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, March 27, 2009

Frugal Fridays - Button, button, who's got the button?

Where do you keep your stash? Are your scrap items neatly tucked away in storage containers and shelves? Are they in a pile next to your work space? or are they hidden in a box somewhere, mostly forgotten? Have you ever ended up purchasing an item, knowing that you do have it... somewhere, but it was just easier to buy another than look for your original?

Because of my limited space and budget I decided to make my own paper storage system, it was super simple. I headed down to a local warehouse store, you know those places where they sell everything in bulk and even offer supplies to restaurants. I picked up a pack of empty, blank pizza boxes. They were selling them in packs of 50 for under $20. After constructing them and cutting off the front of them and I taped them together in stacks of 5, made a stack of 20 high. I then made 3 stacks of 4 and put those vertically next to my stack of 20. I've organised my papers by colour and collection and have used the vertical boxes to hold my albums and monthly kits as well as my scraps and random papers that don't seem to fit anywhere else. For me it's a lifesafer, a great storage solution for very little money and only an evening of work!

This past christmas I was lucky enough to be given a great wall shelf from making memories that houses all my ribbons, brads and stamping supplies. I've purchased jars from the dollar store to hold my various embellishments and keep them in order. It's a work in progress but it makes it so much easier to scrap when I can see my supplies instead of hunting around trying to find them. As I was organising my section, I had found items I had completely forgotten I even had.

For those that might not have the time to put together their own organiser, you can always check out our organisers section, which has in stock items as well as some awesome pre-orders! There's even an item or two that's been marked down to save you some $$$ All it takes is a few simple storage units to get your stock in order.

3 comments:

  1. I bought 14X14 cubes and stacked them together. I got mine atTarget but they seem to be phasing them out. I've seen a different brand cube at Micheals.See mine here:
    http://www.mycraftivity.com/nayhddy
    ms.cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pizza box organizer. So awesome. I picked up some boxes last week, and am hoping to get it started this weekend. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M, love your pizza box organizer very unique and an affordable way to organize your papers and albums!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.