Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cricut Tuesdays with The McSmitty Girl

Hi Everyone!

Last week my family and I travelled to the city to visit with my Mom for a few days and wouldn't you know that I forgot to pack my scrapping supplies (you can read more about it on my blog located in the Interactive Community)! So here I am with 3 new projects all using the Cricut in some fashion.

'You are the centre of my heART' was a quote I read in a magazine where the scrapper dedicated her craft to her family. It was profound to me and have remembered the quote ever since but had no way to make a creation out of it. So with using the Kaiser Craft Flourish Frame Set it was the perfect canvas to decorate this quote. The papers used for the frame is 'Bittersweet' from Basic Grey (one of my favorite lines).



I still had plenty of product left over from my DT Feb Kit for embellishing except for the pearls used (they are also from Kasier Craft). The quote was cut from my Cricut using the Sans Serif Solutions Cartridge.

The first cut was with the Blackout Creative Feature at 0.75" then I repeated the same size cut at the usual font setting. Nested and glued the letters together and spread them throughout the frame to carry the eye from top to bottom. Arranged my pictures to correspond and volia! C'est fini!


'A Shelter Bay Christmas' is my long overdue Holiday layout. I had difficulty getting my pictures (a whole other story in itself). Here was my opportunity to expand my 12x12 usual page layout and try using a different type of page protector. You see, I felt there were some pictures that could not be altered into anything smaller than a 4x6 size without taking out something important.

Therefore I combined both types of layouts to create this massive one (my biggest to date). For my title I used my Cricut and the Blackletter Soultions Cartridge and cut out the letters using the Shadow Creative Feature at 1-1/4" then I nested and glued the same letters in the same size cut out at the usual font setting.
The mats (for the subtitles and journalling) were created using the Storybook cartridge.
I chose 'marquee-4', nested and glued 2 mats - one cut out with the Shadow feature then afterwards the usual shape setting both at 6". I had to make slight cuts once glued as they did not exactly fit smoothly in the premade slots. The subtitles were created from the Opposites Attract cartridge using the Upright and Opposite fonts both in Shadow and usual settings. All letters were cut between 1-1/2 to 2", nested and glued together for additional pop.


*Paper used for this project was Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding' and American Crafts Cardstock 'Christmas' pack. Additional stickers are from American Traditional Designs, Jolee's and Karen Foster. Journalling Card from first page of layout: Maya Road


My last project was created for my Mother-in-Law as we are attending a Baby Shower in a week or so. If you recall in my previous post, I used the Kasier Craft paper from the Reminicising collection as well as embellishments from Cosmo Cricket and Prima all taken from my DT Feb Kit (still maximizing my product)!


So in keeping in the same theme as my Baby Shower ensemble, I created a card and coordinating envelope using the same collection of paper from Kasier Craft (actual paper titled Treasure and Hold Dear). Again with my Cricut machine I used the New Arrival cartridge starting with the envelope cut. I used the 'Fit to Page' cut feature to ensure I can create the biggest card possible while fitting into the envelope (I chose 'envelope-2' in this case. The cut was calculated at 5-3/4". With using that same meaurement I cut out the 'card-2' image at that size with the Blackout Creative Feature.

*Quick Tip: Cut your envelope out first using the 'Fit to Page' cut feature, remember the size of that cut then proceed to cut the coordinating card in that size. You will get a perfect fit everytime!*

To finish I cut the sentiment using the Shadow and usual font features at 1-3/4" (still using the same Kasier Craft papers), nested and glued my words together onto the card. Lastly I embellished with a butterfly cut - first was the Shadow Creative Feature, next cutting at the usual shape setting and lastly cutitng the layered piece all at 2" to keep the proportions the same. Finally nested and glued that shape onto the card with a bit of decorative touch from my marker. To adhere the envelope, I am using the Prima cardstock adhesive embellishment.
*Another Quick Tip: You do not need to calculate sizes when layering with the Cricut. Just keep the size dial at the same measurement - just change your creative feature. Instant 'pop' everytime!*
*Paper used for butterfly shape: Stampin Up

Actually, I do have one other project I want to share (in fact, 2) but they are for birthdays coming up in the immediate future. You know who you are! So I will save those pictures until the end of the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.