Nos membres - Our peeps

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cricut Tuesdays with The McSmitty Girl

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

This week we will focus on 3 layouts from my 5 layouts - 4 day stint (remember last week's post?). I wanted to focus on the everyday of my son's life - his love for my camera, doing homework with his Ate Tejanna ('ate' means female cousin in Flipino) and for 'Cubis' the computer game played with his Papa.

The title for 'the camera guy' was created using the All Mixed Up cartridge. The two creative features I used was the usual script and its shadow, all cut at 1". Using all lower case letters puts a playful feel to the layout - perfect for my son's play with my camera. The camera embellishment was cut using the Going Places cartridge, cut at 1" at its normal shape image. That's it!

To assemble my page, I began with inking the edges in white. Next, I arranged my photos to tell a sequential story and added emphasis on 2 pictures. I then filled in the spaces in between the pictures with patterned paper. I added some other embellishments for added pop but done for balance as well. Lastly my journalling tag in the opposite 'corner' of the layout was placed to balance out the yellow I used in the title and die cut image.

The '4th grade Math' title was created using 2 cartridges - Cursive 101 from the Classmate Series and Locker Talk (a primarily school themed cartridge). Starting with Cursive 101, the word 'math' was cut at 2-1/4" using the usual image and shadow blackout creative features. This added not only emphasis to the word but also additional pop to make it stand out from the patterned paper background. '4th grade' was cut at 2-1/2" at the usual script as well as using the shadow feature. So easy eh?

Now here's how I assembled the page. First I trimmed my patterned paper 1/4" all round to adhere to the solid cardstock base. Again my pictures were placed in somewhat a sequential order to help tell my story. I matted the largest picture using the Prima Journalling Blocks - Boy. I then added my journalling spot and embellished to finish. Lastly I adhered part of my title with staples to give it a school like feel.

Now for my last layout, this is probably the most basic and simple layout I have ever done yet it tells my story. I only have one step to describe when using my Cricut. And here it is... The title 'CUBIS ANYONE?' was created using the Cricut Keystone cartridge with all letters cut out at 1". Done!

To assemble this page I first started with the patterned paper and my cardstock. Cubis is a game of squares so I was really lucky to have found this patterned paper. Lucky for me there was a coordinating backside so I used both and adhered them to the left side of my page.
My title was next to be placed and wanted it to feel it resembled the game. Therefore it was adhered to the page on its side in a north-south fashion. Lastly my pictures and quick journalling was done from small to large rectangles to help draw the eye down the page.

So although I do not have any technique tips this week... Get ready for next week's Cricut Tuesdays blog because there will be plenty. So stay tuned. Until then, Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.