Nos membres - Our peeps

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cricut Tuesdays with Michelle

Happy December Everyone and Welcome to another edition of Cricut Tuesday with me!

Over the past few weeks I have been focusing on cards. For my last card feature of the year, I still had to mass produce cards for extended family and friends. Based on the principle to use one die-cut shape, whatever I had alot of within my stash; I chose my color scheme and here’s what my card turned out to be.

Here is the list of materials I used for my card. You may alter anything on this list to what you have in your stash and/or how elaborate you like your card to be.

  • 12 x 12 sheets of kraft & cream cardstock
  • 1 background stamp
  • Brayer
  • Stamp-a-Ma-Jig
  • 1 sentiment stamp
  • 1 greeting/verse stamp
  • 2 ink pads in different colors that complement the colors of cardstock chosen. If you are new to stamping, start off with a good, well versatile stamp pad like StazOn
  • 1 border punch
  • 1 die-cut shape
  • Corner Rounder punch (like WRMK Corner Rounder Chomper found here, optional)
  • Embellishment of choice

If you recall my 1st batch of Christmas cards, I used 1 cartridge to create my card, envelope and sentiments. There were lots of layers, colors, and textures. Based on those principals from that post, here are the instructions for this week’s card:

  1. Take your 12 x 12 cardstock and cut into thirds creating 3 cards that will measure 4 x 12.
  2. Create a gate fold by scoring and folding 2” on each side into the middle thus creating a card to measure 4 x 6.
  3. Use the corner rounder punch on each corner (optional).
  4. Border Punch each card fold opening (optional).
  5. Background stamp along the front of the card:
  6. Border punch the card fold openings (optional).
  7. Each die cut shape/layer was cut at 3-1/2” each (in which was the perfect size as it fit lengthwise on the card front). The snowflake (#4) for this card is taken from the Joys of the Season cartridge using the Layers, Blackout and Standard cut images. The standard image cut was embellished using alcohol inks on glossy paper. I chose a color scheme to complement the ink color I used for the background and sentiment stamped imaged. I paired my color scheme with cream cardstock as my blackout cut image for contrast. The layers image cut using the vellum patterned paper. (optional) If you do not have alcohol inks to create your own patterned paper; choose patterned paper from your stash instead!
  8. (optional) Stamp your greeting or write your message inside the card. As you may see I wrote my message in a different color of ink but I did use the same color of ink for my greeting as I stamped my sentiment on the card front with.
  9. Create a complementary envelope using the Beyond Birthdays cartridge, rectangular envelope setting your size dial to 8-1/4” (1 – 12 x12 cardstock/paper will create 1 envelope). Score and adhere as usual.
  10. Border punch the envelope opening (not shown, optional). Tip: This is a great opportunity to use up some of your Christmas patterned paper stash that is one sided. Simply make your envelope cut then score and fold all the patterns inward leaving the white on the outside. Not only do you have an instant envelope liner but the patterned paper will also act as an additional barrier for others not to ‘peek’ into the envelope.

That’s it, you’re DONE!!! Again you can make your card as elaborate or as simple as you like. Plus you can use this template to create all sorts of cards not just Christmas. Think kids valentines or party invitations, even thank-you cards. Also use this template to create as many cards as you need. From one to one hundred, when you want to give a handmade, created card but don’t have a lot of time; this is a perfect example to show you that you can do it!

Now that I am officially done my Christmas cards for this year; I’ve got to start on some gifts and home décor for the holiday season. There have been so many great projects created found on this blog! Go check them out today. So until next Tuesday, Happy Crafting!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!! It is so pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to make a ton of cards!! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.