Nos membres - Our peeps

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nook and Pantry Quilted Card

I love the look of quilting, but the reality is I only sew on paper and I know absolutely nothing about quilting! But I can still get the look by making a patchwork "quilted" card. Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry line is perfect for for faux quilting because the papers are double sided and many of the papers are doily and lace looking patterns.

To create this patchwork card I simply used a square punch to cut out same sized various patterned squares. I ran a zig zag stitch around each square and then laid them out on the card with a slight margin in between and all around.

For the sentiment I punched out a circle of coordinating pink paper and mounted it on the coordinating dark brown and used the letter stickers included in the collection pack for the word "sweet." I found a chipboard sugar bowl (in the set of chipboard stickers) and glued a few coordinating buttons on the rim.

The Nook and Pantry elements and the quilt design give it a nice homey look--perfect to send to a member of my family who recently puchased her first home!

:) Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Job! You definitely got the Quilt Look! I love the Home Sweet Home Sentiment and the Sugar Jar Touch!
    Hugs!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.