Christmas Day is only 3 days away! Do you still have gift wrapping to do? Well this week I am going to show you how to make quick, beautiful gift tags using the newest Cricut cartridge, ‘Very Merry Tags’ which is a Limited Edition cartridge for 2009-2010.
For those of you who have not seen or aware of this cartridge here’s a bit of info about Very Merry Tags:
- This cartridge is more basic than your typical Solutions cartridge.
- There are no creative features.
- The price point is geared to be lower than your typical Solutions cartridge based on the above two factors.
To create these tags I recommend using a size no less than 2-3/4” for some of the shaped tags due to its intricate cuts. *Tip: If you choose a size larger than 3” there will be enough space on the back of the tag to do some journaling. You can substitute these tags for cards if you are truly in a pinch of time.
What you will need for this project…
- Christmas themed papers (optional) - You can use these papers for more basic shaped tags.
- Cardstock in your choice of color(s) – Try using metallic, pearlized or glittered cardstock such as found in the Hippie Chic and/or All About the Girls DCWV cardstock packs, found here. *Tip: Head to your scrap stash first!
- Cricut Marker in your choice of color (optional) – To create a quick outline of the shaped cut of the tag without using ink pads, etc to color the edges. Though you can leave this step completely out if you wish.
- Ribbon, Cord or Thread
- For this project I used a black Cricut Marker and set my size dial to 3-3/4” and 4” (based on the size of scraps I had at the time of crafting).
- Set your size dial to at least 3-3/4” or taller.
- Ensure your pressure and depth adjustments are appropriate to your paper/cardstock of choice. Select your tag image in row 3 or in row 5. These are the set blackout creative feature for each of the tags. Press CUT.
- Then press the corresponding shaped tag in rows 1, 2 (for row 3 blackout tags) or in row 4 (for row 5 blackout tags). Do not adjust your size dial.
- Insert your Cricut Marker color and Press CUT.
- Once it has completed your drawing; Press LOAD PAPER. Switch your marker out for your cutting blade.
- Press REPEAT LAST, then press CUT.
- Nest and adhere the shaped tag die-cut onto the blackout tag.
- Write your message on the back of the tag (optional).
- String through your ribbon to hang off of your present.
If you do not own this cartridge, I encourage you to look at your cartridges that contain shapes or sentiments and apply the above creative suggestions to help you get your gifts ready for the holiday season.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish every single of you a Very Merry Holiday Season! May you and yours be blessed with good tidings, wonderful memories with family and friends you share this occasion with.