Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, May 15, 2009

Fanciful Fridays - Happy Victoria Day!

Once again I'm a few days early for the holiday wishes :) I had hoped to make something themed for the holiday, but somehow a layout about camping and drinking just didn't seem right. Also, the only pics that I have of those activities happening are from 15 years ago! (the last time I went camping)

So for those not in the know, here's an excerpt from wikipedia :

Victoria Day, colloquially known as May Two-four, May Long, or May Run, is a Canadian statutory holiday celebrated on the last Monday before or on 24 May, in honour of both Queen Victoria's birthday and the current reigning Canadian sovereign's official birthday. It has been marked since before Canada was formed, originally falling on the sovereign's actual birthday, and continues to be celebrated across the country on a fixed date and in various fashions, also being considered an informal mark of the beginning of the summer season.

So, instead of something holiday themed, I decided to go with "cute" instead. My sister will be visiting at the end of the month and she will be laden down with many paper crafts made by me. Thankfully, she's always happy to receive presents! I can't wait to fill all the little bags and boxes with fun goodies, just for her!

I made my own template for this one, so I can only show you what it looked like before assembly. I took one sheet of foiled cardstock from the DCWV Citrus cardstock pack for my base. I then used a piece of Cherry Arte Her Beauty printed paper for my background on the purse. The cardstock is a nice heavy weight and the patterns of the Cherry Arte papers are so much fun!

I had a blast stamping with my new Stampavie Hoo Hoo There stamp which I affixed to the layered background. A Cherry Arte rub on, Valentine's sticker that I had lying around and a piece of fiber from Basic Grey finished it off nicely. Now to figure out what to stuff it with, I'm sure I'll be able to find a few cute hair scrunchies and clips for her or maybe I'll venture out and find something completely new to give her.

I'll have to let you ladies know what she thinks of all the little gifts that she'll be getting. Maybe I'll even take pictures and scrap them.

So to all the Canadians, enjoy your long weekend. Hope the weather is nice and you get a chance to get out and BBQ to your heart's content. Happy May 24!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute box, Jo will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is so darling! I ordered that stamp as well; just received in the mail. I cannot wait to play around with it. Your sister will love her goodie box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe what a cute box, your Sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.