Nos membres - Our peeps

Friday, July 17, 2009

Fiery Fridays - Bringing home baby

I'm back after my weekend away last week. It's nice to get away every once in awhile and connect with friends that I usually only see about once a year. I had a wonderful time being the geek that I am at Polaris 23 and as always look forward to the next year. I will of course be putting together a LO or two about my weekend crazyness, including Klingon Karaoke (see photo at left, courtesy of Natasha at the con), meeting fun actors and helping out with the Constellation Awards!

This coming weekend is another busy one but with a special event on Sunday. A friend of mine is having her first child, she's due at the end of August and her baby shower is this weekend. Now, we may live in the same city and we keep in touch through MSN and facebook but we don't see each other as often as we'd like. I was one of the handful of people she wanted at the event and it made me so happy to hear it. She is a wonderful, beautiful woman and deserves all the best in her life. So for the event, I offered the woman hosting to help out a bit and in turn have come up with so many ideas for things I can do for my friend.

First, I decided to make a diaper cake! Not only is this a fun gift, but it's a great centerpiece for the gift table. I know it's not paper craft related, but it was the first of many creative ideas I got for the shower. It's three tiered and everything in it is completely usable. There is a total of 66 diapers, 5 onesies and various other goodies tucked away in it. For anyone interested in how to make one, just send me a message and I will happily send you instructions! It's super simple and looks great.

My next project will be a baby book with pre-made pages for mom and dad to fill in. I've never made one before and I'm not sure how well it will work out, but I will take pictures as I go along. What would be great for a project like that is the My Little Yellow Bicycle line of Baby Safari items. I particularly like the Baby Boy flanimals. For only a dollar, they're a steal! There's also the Baby Boy Chipboard stickers which are under $3. I'll follow the basic format of most baby books, but have pages where the shower guests can "sign in" with their name and a brief message to baby and the parents to be.

I love that my friend is a creative person and is one to appreciate things like this. I know that she'll be thrilled with the gesture and the fun gift. I'll be posting pics from the shower early next week as a bonus post, to make up for the one I missed. Till then, happy scrapping and have a great weekend :D

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, so that is a Diaper Cake! It looks amazing.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a diaper cake! Three tiers of diapers and other assorted goodies, was a lot of fun to make and it was so simple :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.