Do you have a bunch of plain ribbon kicking about?
Need a ribbon to match your project and can't find it anywhere? Perhaps you just feel like playing with some ribbon? I know I do! So let's Tie Dye some ribbon with GLIMMER MIST!!!
It's actually quite quick and simple and yields fabulous results! You will need a length of plain ribbon and the lighter the color, the better. I used a cream colored double faced satin. Other textures work great too! You'll also need your desired colors of Glimmer Mist. I used three different ones, Electric Blue, Flower Power, and Viva Pink. Remember to work on top of your non-stick Craft Sheet if you have one. If you do not, a piece of freezer paper will do nicely as long as you use it shiny side up.
Now let's Tie Dye that ribbon in 5 easy steps!
1. Bunch up the plain ribbon in a loose heap.
2. Mist ribbon in a few places where desired with your first color. Leave blank spots for the other colors and mixing.
3. Take your damp ribbon and swipe it through the excess mist that is on your craft sheet as if you were wiping up a spill.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 two more times with remaining colors.
5. Fluff up ribbon into a very loose pile and let air dry. You can speed up the drying by blasting the ribbon with a heat tool if you need to.
There you have it! Custom ribbon for your project!
Enjoy and have a Great Monday!