Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Somebunny Loves You

Hi everyone!!! If you are anything like me, you buy scrappy stuff that you like. No biggie right? Well, have you ever made a scrappy purchase, got home, admired it, looked for a way to use it, couldn't find one, put the item aside, finally moved it into a storage container, and there it’s been ever since? Cause no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn’t find a use for it? Well, I’ve got a de-stash project for you!!

Part of my strategy for this layout, was to use some of those ‘unwanted’ items that have been in my stash for a long time. As gorgeous as those die-cut flowers (K&Company) are, I haven’t had the opportunity to do anything with them because, my family is mainly guys!!! And when I do girl LOs, I try to really ramp up the flowers with dimension. So….. these die-cuts have gone totally unused! And as it turns out, they match the papers beautifully!!!
When I first saw these SEI papers from their ‘Pastiche’ collection, I fell in love with them. Gorgeous papers that can be used for boys, girls & even adult layouts & cards, or anything else your little heart desires! That’s when I knew that I could use this bunny paper for a pic from our last family photo shoot. No, they're not all bunny or Easter papers!!! Check out the flowers that I made from papers out of the same collection.

The flowers were made by punching medium & large circles, and then inking the edges. I used pop dots between the staggered layers for more dimension, and then glued some buttons on top with Distress Stickles.
The leaves were cut with the Cricut and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I curled them a bit and added more stickles as veining. I wanted the die-cuts to have a bit of dimension to them, so I added dots & outlines with Dimensional Pearls (Ranger), and layered everything on top of strips of ribbon & scrap papers.
I framed the picture with corrugated cardboard (see tip), and layered both over more SEI paper. Then I added a chipboard bunny & flower in opposing corners. For the title, I printed my own, cut the strips & inked the edges. The orange clock was another product that I needed to de-stash; I just added a brad to the center.

So, check out your stash…..you’re likely to find some beautiful products that you haven’t used yet! Who knows, they might just be a perfect match for those gorgeous papers you just bought!!
Tip: Make your own ‘naked’ cardboard. Just cut a piece from a box, in the size that you want, or slightly larger. Lay cardboard on protected surface and using a spray bottle with water in it, spray on one side only (don’t overdo it, as the other side will come unglued as well). Let sit for a minute and then peel the top layer off. You can remove as much or as little as you want. Then you can paint, distress or leave as is for your project.
Tip: I purchased my Alpha Thickers on sale, but they were not a color that I liked or would use. So I spray painted them with a hammered finish paint from Krylon.
Thanks for looking!
Lynne

4 comments:

  1. Lynne! This LO is GORGEOUS! So beautiful! Those circle flowers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, Lynne! Love that you made your flowers out of circle punches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your LO! Great post and tips shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for passing on all the great tips. It's been a great read bouncing around your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.