Nos membres - Our peeps

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursdays with Kim - Easter Project Tutorial Part 1

Hi girls!

Don't ask me why, but Easter really makes me happy. I'm not inspired by Christmas or Valentine's Day but Easter and Halloween... Wow! They are my favorite holidays!

So I've decided to work on a couple of cute and fun tutorials to get you easily in the mood!

Let's begin by cutting a piece of cardstock measuring 4.25" by 12".


On the horizontal side trace a score line on each of the following increments: 4.5", 5.25", 9.75", 10.5".


Turn you cardstock on  90 degree and trace another score line at  .75" lengthwise along the edge.


Simply fold your score lines with a bone folder for cleaner folds. You'll get something like that!


I made some hatched line to show you where to remove on the cardstock.


Below is how it should once the pieces are removed.


Add your favorite adhesive to the edge and fix assemble. It's should look like this.


Personnaly I didn't like the little edges, so I decide to cut them off. You can keep them too it's all up to you!

Now you little box is done.



I embelish with light patterned papers, added an Easter themed stamp and added some Chocolate treat in them!

Closed:

Open with a treat inside:

Be sure to head on over to Posh Design Scrapbook Store and see my selection of cardstock and papers used to create this project! See you next week! Hugs and kisses!

Kim @ KLDezign

7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Kim! Can't wait to see the other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Will have to try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [04 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool!!! Will def have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow girl you are on the ball!!! I have not even though of easter yet!!
    great gift idea very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried to make one of these treat boxes before. Love your tutorial! I'll need to give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is awesome! I love how you come up with awesome ideas! ~ Nini xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.