Nos membres - Our peeps

Monday, March 29, 2010

Alter It Monday - Pretty Pinwheels!

Happy Monday!

In honor of the Springtime weather that we are now being blessed with, I thought that perhaps we should celebrate with some Pretty Pinwheels!

Pinwheels are quite easy to make and look fabulous with a potted plant!
To create a Pinwheel you will need double-sided pattern paper, glue dots in mini and craft sizes, a skewer or other stick, and a button.

To begin, you will need to cut your paper into a square. I used the dimensions of 4"x4" for my Pinwheels.

Once you have your square, you need to make cuts in each corner. I have found it easiest to put the square of paper in my trimmer as shown below and then cut from the almost center to the outside point.You can see that I have marked a dot in pencil on one side of each cut corner. Besure to always use the same side of the point.

Place a craft size glue dot in the center of the pinwheel. Place a mini glue dot on each of the pencil dots you just made.Now the fun begins! Bend in an arc one glue dotted corner to the center of the pinwheel. Adhere glue dots together.
Repeat this process for each glue dotted point. Your pinwheel will now be formed!


With another craft glue dot, adhere the button firmly.
There you go! A Pretty Pinwheel is now created!

To add a skewer to the Pinwheel, add a couple mini glue dots to the end/side of the skewer. I lined up 3 in a row and then stuck this to the center back of the Pinwheel.

Enjoy!

~Amy

5 comments:

  1. OMG you read my mind - I was just thinking about pinwheels and putting some on cards this morning as I drove my boys to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy that pinwheel is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I never thought or knew you can create and I am so lovin' the idea! My son will love these pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...thanks for the reminder of how easy and cute these are!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.