Nos membres - Our peeps

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Altered Recipe Box


Hey everyone!!! My name is Melissa and the web based communication coordinator and designer here at Posh Designs! Feel free to read more about me here! This is my first post on the Posh blog and I wanted to share with you a recipe box that I altered into a mini!!

I had a lot of fun creating this project but had a hard time keeping it simple so everything would fit into the box! I did not do a whole lot on the outside of the box but do like how it turned out! All I did to the front was distress it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Tim Holtz the words "of" were from some leftover Thickers I had and the "life" was cut with my Cricut using the Graphically Speaking cartridge.
Here is what the inside of the recipe box looks like. I wanted it to look like a recipe box, so I used the From My Kitchen cartridge and cut out all the index cards. I used very thin chipboard. The patterned papers I used through out the entire mini was the Mi Casa stack from DCWV.

The first index card is called "love" and there is a picture of  Dave and I. Remember I have to keep it simple so I did not do a whole lot, all the edges were distresed and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used a Fiskars border punch called Upper Crest. The "you and me" was cut out using the Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge
I did not do a lot on this page I just distressed everything. I used some Sassafras buttons called in Stitches Blue Buttons I used the same stamp set though out the whole mini it is from Inkadinkado I think the set is called Flourish but I am not to sure I have had it a long time and it is a well loved stamp set! I also used Pearl Ex through out the whole mini. I used series 2 and I used pretty much all the colors!
I just distressed each page and used a label maker for the titles on each index card. I am not going to show all the pages; a lot of them are just journaling so I don't want to bore you with that but you will see most of the mini.
Here is my Mom for her page, I distressed everything and used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist the colors I used was Creme de Chocolate and Wheat Fields. I also used a Prima flower and some unknown bling!
I did not to do much with Lindsay's page. I just distressed and used Electric Blue Glimmer Mist
Electric Blue would have to be one of my favorite colors right now, its a very fun color.
Amanda's page was a lot of fun, I distressed the edges very lightly with Broken China used the pink Pearl Ex I also used Viva Pink and Sweet Clover Glimmer Mist. I love how it turned out it just kind of sucks that I got ink all over her boyfriend oops!!!
Here is my cat Holly!! She is a sweetheart but let me tell ya very sassy!! I just distressed like all the others. I used Gold Pearl EX then Gold and Wheat fields Glimmer Mist
Here is me!! I used some Prima flowers everything got distressed! I used the Gold Pearl EX again as well as Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist. If you want a really nice red that looks red this is the color for you I do have Scarlet but when it dries it looks more like pink then red. I really like how the Candy Apple Red looks once dry!
The last page I did not do much to this one I just used Gold Glimmer Mist and that is about it!

I hope you all enjoyed my recipe box mini it was a lot of fun to do and I hope that you guys give it a try and if you do post your pictures on the PDSS Gallery so I can see what you came up with!!

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love your recipe box!!! Gorgeous colors & techniques!! Love the papers you use!!! Fantastic idea!!! Def a 'lifter'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel, your altered recipe box is fabulous! I really love the colors and papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic altered project and love all the pp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeosu! I have just purchased two boxes to alter; one for my project 365 2011 and one to brighten up my recipes!
    Thanks for your inspiration! Just a grogeous Album!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.